Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Last day at work, 15th September 2006 - ENGLISH

Today it was my last day at work.
I can hardly explain my feelings. Of course it was my choice to leave my job and start my adventure of climbing and this is not for good. Nevertheless I feel strange. In a couple of days I will leave the organised society and all the net of protections that I worked so hard to build around me. In less than a week I will have every morning to care about myself and very often in an hostile environment.
Right now I feel confused. Did I the right thing leaving a well paid job, a nice flat and a good career just for the pleasure to enjoy ten months of climbing in South America? I was absolutely convinced of this untill ten days ago, I guess it will be the same in a week but right now I feel just confused. There's a schedule of things to do before the departure and the best is to keep busy and follow the plan. Perhaps my doubts and confusion will dilute a few days after my departure.
It wasn't easy today fo leave for good the office; I wait with some impatience and fear the moment I will close the door of my flat and I find myself with my climbing equipment and a few choths. Those things will be my life for the next ten months.

Comments:
Silvio,
It was lovely to see you at your party. I still have photos of you smooching with the majority of your female entourage in your lounge, on my phone. I understand all that must be hard to leave behind (!) but don't lose heart now... You have been so passionate about doing this for such a long time now. It will be an extraordinary experience for you - an extraordinary man.
Can't wait to hear the next installment. Thinking of you - and weirdly - missing you.
Deb
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?